Nokia is back in action with Lumia 920! Nokia recently unveiled its much awaited Lumia 920 smartphone during its special launch event on September 5th in New York. Lumia 920 is Nokia’s comeback in smartphone market after the above average sales of Lumia 900 last year. It has teamed up with Microsoft to make space for itself in the smart phone market dominated by Apple’s iPhone and other handsets which work on Google’s Android operating system.
Let’s take a look at some of the important features in Lumia 920.
1> Display and Design
- Lumia 920’s design is almost same as Lumia 900’s design. It is made up of polycarbonate, with scratch resistant layer on it. Lumia 920 will be available in 5 colors- red, white, black, yellow and grey.
- Lumia 920 offers a 4.5 inch HD plus display, which is also called as Pure motion HD plus display. Its resolution is 1,280×768 pixels.
- According to Nokia, this display is brighter than displays on rival handsets, and has a fast refresh rate to remove flickers.
- Lumia 920 has 8 megapixel rear pureview camera with optical image stabilization technology from Carl Zeiss optics. To assure great video conferencing experience, Lumia 920 comes with 1.3 megapixel front camera.
- Thanks to windows phone 8 Operating System, the Lumia 920 offers camera features like pinch to zoom, and Bing vision.
- Nokia and Microsoft claim that they will release many apps in the future which will integrate with Lumia 920’s 8 mp camera to offer more camera features.
- Lumia 920 works on Windows 8 operating system and is powered by Snapdragon S4- 1.5 GHz dual core processor. This processor is also used in some of HTC and Samsung’s Galaxy handsets.
- According to Nokia, this combination of windows 8 Operating System and Snapdragon’s processor will assure blazing fast data speeds.
4> Wireless charging and battery life
- Lumia 920 is world’s first handset to offer built in wireless charging feature. This feature allows users to charge their handset by keeping it on any wireless charger (base) which is compatible with the device.
- According to some reports, Nokia is in discussion with several airlines, coffee shops and restaurants to install wireless charging stations at various locations around the world.
- Lumia 920 comes with a 2000 mAh Li-Ion battery, which offers 17 hours of talk time on GSM and 10 hours of talk time on 3G.
Some additional features are-
- 32 GB of internal storage memory.
- 1GB RAM to assure great processing speeds.
- Bluetooth v 3.1 and Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Navigation software which shows data even when the user is without an internet connection.
- Built in apps- which can provide real time information about places which are viewed from Lumia 920’s camera.
- It also works on the high speed -LTE network (which is available in some parts of the United States).
Lumia 920 is equipped with great features like- the ‘Pureview camera’, wireless charging, super bright display and pre installed navigation software which works even when the user is not connected to the internet. Nokia Lumia 920 is one of the most awaited handsets of the year, and according to some reports, it will be available in the United States from October / November 2012. Lumia 920 will definitely attract eyeballs once it hits the stores around the world.
By- Nitten Gokhaley
Nitten writes on variety of topics like- Travel, Gadgets, Social and Political issues, Health, Technology, Product description and more. He writes for http://www.cyberjournal24.in www.ngweb24.com and http://www.funstadium.com .